The other HTML FAQ
This is an attempt to answer some of the more frequently asked questions in the Usenet newsgroup comp.infosystems.www.authoring.html. It concentrates on basic questions for the most part. You will find browser-specific tricks in here, with notes on their limitations and compatibilities with older versions and other browsers.
Table of contents
- How do I indent the first line in my paragraphs?
- How do I indent a full paragraph of text?
- Can I put markup in ALT text?
- How do I include one file in another?
- How do I get scrolling text in the status bar?
- How do I hide my source?
- How can I make a custom rule, or a list with custom bullets?
- How do I display the current date or time in my document?
- For what screen size should I write?
- How do I get my visitor's e-mail addresses?
- How do I do a pagebreak?
- How do I center a table?
- How do I make animated GIFs?
- Is there a way to get indexed better by the search engines?
- How do I redirect someone to my new page?
- How do I get a back button on my page?
- How do I force a download?
- Why is my binary file not downloaded, but shown on the screen?
- How do I use an image instead of the standard submit button?
- How do I get a so-and-so character in my HTML?
- How do I get a counter?
- How do I detect what browser is being used?
- Should I put quotes around attribute values or not?
- Should I use lower case or upper case for tags?
- My images/hyperlinks are coming out all wrong, or don't load! What's up?
- How do I get a button which takes me to a new page?